TAS Part I7 Farm dairy premises
Introduction to this Part
This Part contains additional requirements for farm dairy premises.
Application of Part
- the walls are constructed of well-compacted smooth finish concrete or other material sealed to be impervious to moisture; and
- the floors are constructed of well-compacted smooth finish concrete and are graded to a drain; and
- joints between wall sections and walls and walls and floors are sealed to prevent entry of water and pests; and
- artificial lighting is designed to comply with AS 1680.
Milking sheds and holding yards
- have internal surfaces that are smooth, non-absorbent, free-draining and easy to clean; and
- be constructed so as to prevent the entry of dust, insects, pests, birds and animals; and
- have adequate artificial lighting that—
- is located to provide a clear view of the milk for grading and measuring purposes; and
- the lights over a bulk vat are to be protected to prevent glass entering the vat if the light is broken; and
- have switches appropriately located in milk collection areas; and
- have adequate ventilation to aid the drying of floors and walls between milkings.
- the floors are constructed of well-compacted, smooth finish concrete and graded to a drain; and
- the internal surfaces are smooth, sealed and washable; and
- joists between wall sections and walls and floors are sealed to prevent entry of water and pests; and
- artificial lighting is designed to comply with AS 1680; and
- all openings are fitted with doors, windows or screens; and
- ventilation is provided in accordance with F6D6.
Milk receiving area and milk storage room
An adequate and suitable supply of water must be available for plant sanitation, teat washing, milk cooling and vat rinsing.