VIC Part I5 Places of public entertainment
VIC I5P1 Temporary tiered seating, concourses and embankments2019: VIC HP102.1
Temporary tiered seating stands and embankments must be designed using engineering principles and constructed to provide for the safety of patrons and orderly means of evacuation in an emergency.
VIC I5P1 applies to all places or public entertainment as defined in the Building Act 1993 and prescribed in regulation 206 of the Building Regulations 2018.
VIC I5P2 Motor vehicle racing2019: VIC HP102.2
Every place of public entertainment where motor vehicle racing takes place must be provided with suitable barriers and guard rails to protect the public from injury.
VIC I5P2 applies to all places of public entertainment as defined in the Building Act 1993 and prescribed in regulation 206 of the Building Regulations 2018.
VIC I5P3 Sanitary and amenity facilities2019: VIC HP102.3
Sufficient sanitary and amenity facilities must be provided at places of public entertainment for use by patrons.
VIC I5P3 applies to all places of public entertainment as defined in the Building Act 1993 and prescribed in regulation 206 of the Building Regulations 2018.
VIC I5D2 Application of Part2019: VIC H102.1
The Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions of this Part apply to all places of public entertainment.
VIC I5D3 Temporary tiered seating, concourses and embankments2019: VIC H102.2
Temporary tiered seating, concourse and embankments must be designed and constructed as follows:
- Temporary tiered seating, concourse and embankments must comply with the Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions of Section B, Section D and I1D4(a)(ii), (iii) and (b).
- The maximum slope of tiered seating must not exceed 34 degrees measured from the horizontal plane.
- Aisles must be evenly spaced throughout the structure and have—
- When applying the balustrading requirements of the Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions of Section D, the height of plat balustrading that directly abuts seating (i.e. with no aisle between the seat and the balustrading) must be measured from the plat or seat base whichever in the higher.
- Transverse aisles must be provided at a horizontal distance of not more than 10 m between any row of seats.
- All individual moveable seats must be—
- fixed in groups of not less than four; and
- not used in stepped or ramped seating areas.
- For any spectators’ embankment—
- where the rear slope exceeds 1 in 5, a guard rail must be installed with no openings except at the heads of steps or ramps; and
- where the forward or front slope exceeds 1 in 8, the embankment must be stepped with plats not less than 500 mm wide and risers not greater than 230 mm high.
- Guard rails must be installed to protect any fence, balustrade or railing associated with stepped or ramped standing spaces where excess pressure is expected from spectators.
VIC I5D4 Motor vehicle racing2019: VIC H102.3
Motor vehicle racing barriers and guard rails must be provided so as to comply with the following:
- Motorsport Australia Track Operators Guide for Motorsport Race Venues.
- For stock car racing—
- on the outer margin of the track: a continuous concrete, close boarding or long guard barrier having a minimum height of not less than 900 mm; and
- on all curved sections of the track within 3 m of a barrier described in (i): a stout welded or woven wire mesh fence adequately supported having a height of not less than 1.8 m above adjacent spectators viewing areas; and
- between the public viewing area and the fence described in (ii): a suitable crowd barrier that will prevent spectators entering within 1.2 m of that fence.
VIC I5D5 Sanitary and amenity facilities2019: VIC H102.4
Sanitary and amenity facilities in places of public entertainment must be provided as follows:
- In places other than buildings:
- One closet fixture for every 200 female patrons or part thereof.
- One closet fixture or urinal for every 200 male patrons of part thereof, at least 30% of which must be in the form of closet fixtures.
- One washbasin for every 200 patrons or part thereof.
- For use by disabled persons, one unisex facility within the meaning of Part F4 of NCC Volume One for every 100 closet fixtures or part thereof required under (i) and (ii).
- One drinking fountain or drinking tap for every washbasin required under (iii).
- First aid facilities in accordance with VIC F4D13.
- In buildings, as required to comply with Part F4.