WA Part I4 Public buildings
Application of Part
Goings and risers
- both sides of a ramp or flight; and
- each side of a landing, except for that part of a side that is interrupted by a ramp or flight.
Handrails to ramps, flights and landings
- provide a minimum illuminance of 1 lux at ground level; and
- be connected to circuits separate from those supplying lighting for foyers, entry porches, emergency escape passages or areas provided entry or egress to the WA public building; and
- be connected over two circuits where two or more lights are required; and
- have switches that are not able to be operated by members of the public.
Where fixed seating in a Class 9b WA public building is arranged in more than one row—
- aisles must be provided on both sides of every row that contains more than 10 seats; and
- the number of seats in a row must not exceed 42.