Part G1 Minor structures and components
VIC G1P2 Swimming pool access and water recirculation systems2019: VIC GP1.2
- be continuous for the full extent of the hazard; and
- be of a strength and rigidity to withstand the foreseeable impact of people; and
- restrict the access of young children to the pool and the immediate pool surrounds; and
- have any gates and doors fitted with latching devices not readily operated by young children, and constructed to automatically close and latch.
- VIC G1P2(1) only applies to a swimming pool with a depth of water more than 300 mm associated with—
- a Class 2 or 3 building or Class 4 part of a building; or
- a children’s service.
- VIC G1P2(2) only applies to a swimming pool with a depth of water more than 300 mm.