Part F2 Wet areas and overflow protection
SA F2P1 Wet area overflows2019: SA FP1.6
Overflow from a bathroom, laundry facility or the like must be prevented from penetrating to adjoining rooms or spaces.
SA F2P3 Prevention of surface water accumulation2019: SA FP1.8
In laundries, bathrooms or rooms containing shower facilities the floors must be installed in a manner that will prevent accumulation of surface water which could create unhealthy or hazardous conditions.
SA F2D2 Wet area construction2019: F1.7(a) and (b)
- be water resistant or waterproof in accordance with Specification 26, except that—
- in any room containing a washing machine, the wall area from finished floor to a minimum of 75 mm above and 75 mm each side of the washing machine tap outlets must be water resistant; and
- where a vessel is inset into a bench top in a kitchen, bar area, kitchenette or domestic food and beverage preparation area, the perimeter edges of the vessel must be water resistant for the extent of the vessel; and
- penetrations in horizontal surfaces for tap and spout outlets in kitchens, bar areas, kitchenettes or domestic food and beverage preparation areas must be waterproof; and
- comply with AS 3740.
SA F2D4 Provision of floor wastes2019: SA F1.11
- all vessels in the wet area are provided with in-built overflow protection or have permanent open trapped connection to the plumbing and drainage system (such as a WC pan); or
- the vessel is a clinical hand washing basin in a Class 9c building; or
- the floor waste is provided solely for the connection of plumbing fixtures and all vessel in the wet area are provided with in-built overflow protection or have permanent open trapped connection to the plumbing and drainage system (such as a WC pan).