Part D4 Access for people with a disability
SA D4D2 General building access requirements2019: D3.1, Table D3.1
Delete subclause D4D2(4) and insert SA D4D2(4) as follows:
- Common areas:
- From a pedestrian entrance required to be accessible to at least 1 floor containing sole-occupancy units and to the entrance doorway of each sole-occupancy unit located on that level.
- To and within not less than 1 of each type of room or space for use in common by the residents, including a cooking facility, sauna, gymnasium, swimming pool, common laundry, games room, individual shop, eating area, or the like.
- Where a ramp complying with AS 1428.1 or a passenger lift is installed—
- to the entrance doorway of each sole-occupancy unit; and
- to and within rooms or spaces for use in common by the residents.
- The requirements of (iii) only apply where the space referred to in (iii)(A) or (iii)(B) is located on the levels served by the lift or ramp.
- In developments consisting of 20 or more residential sole-occupancy units — to and within one residential sole-occupancy unit or 5% of the total number of residential sole-occupancy units provided, whichever is the greater, must be accessible.
SA D4D5 Exemptions2019: SA D3.4(d)
Delete clause D4D5 and insert SA D4D5 as follows:
The following areas are not required to be accessible:
- An area where access would be inappropriate because of the particular purpose for which the area is used.
- An area that would pose a health or safety risk for people with a disability.
- Any path of travel providing access only to an area exempted by (a) or (b).
- In a farm building and a bulk grain storage facility it is not necessary to provide access for people with disabilities to any area if access would be inappropriate because of the particular purpose for which the area is used.