TAS Part I8 Pharmacies
Introduction to this Part
This Part contains additional requirements for pharmacies.
Application of Part
In this Part the term “dispensary” means the room or area within a pharmacy or other premises which a registered pharmaceutical chemist uses for the compounding or dispensing of prescriptions, medicines or drugs.
- a dispensary for the compounding or dispensing of drugs and for the storage of material used in dispensing; and
- space for the storage of narcotic substances and poisons as required by the Poisons Regulations; and
- a place for unpacking of containers or cases and goods; and
- a room for storing merchandise not used in dispensing.
- within a pharmacy in a position to enable a person in the dispensary to supervise the dispensary, storage areas for narcotic substances and poisons, the entrances to unpacking areas and areas for storing other substances, and the retail area; and
- separate from any place where goods are unpacked or where general merchandise, not used in dispensing, is stored.
- a sink and drainage board of impervious material moulded or manufactured in one piece; and
- a reticulated supply of hot and cold water capable of providing to the sink adequate quantities of water for dispensing purposes; and
- space for a dispensing bench with a working area not less than 1.4 m2.
Security of dispensary