TAS Part I12 Premises for manufacture or processing of glass reinforced plastics
Introduction to this Part
This Part contains additional requirements for premises used for the manufacture or processing of glass reinforced plastics.
TAS I12D1 Application of Part2019: TAS H114.1
- provide for the safety and comfort or workers; and
- be constructed in a manner that will avoid the spread of fire within the building and to other buildings.
TAS I12D2 Separation from other buildings2019: TAS H114.2
A building for the manufacture or processing of glass reinforced plastics must be—
- separated from other buildings or parts of an occupancy by means of impervious walls with FRL at least 120/120/120; or
- separated from all other buildings by a clear space of not less than 6 m.
TAS I12D4 Maximum floor areas2019: TAS H114.4
The floor area of any building or fire-separated section must not exceed the relevant maximum floor area set out in Table TAS I12D4.
|Type A building construction||Type B building construction||Type C building construction|
|Not sprinklered: 1500 m2||Not sprinklered: 1200 m2||Not sprinklered: 1000 m2|
|Sprinklered: 6000 m2||Sprinklered: 5000 m2||Sprinklered: 3000 m2|
TAS I12D5 Required exits2019: TAS H114.5
TAS I11D6 Hand laminating and spray depositing2019: TAS H114.6
The walls and floors of areas to be used for hand laminating and spray depositing must be constructed of non-combustible materials.
TAS I12D7 Ventilation2019: TAS H114.7
- produce a negative pressure within any exhaust ducting within the work place so that a leak in the ducting will not vent exhaust air back in to the work place; and
- vent the exhaust air to the atmosphere so as to prevent recirculation of that exhaust air.
TAS I12D8 Smoke and heat roof vents2019: TAS H114.8
Each fire-separated section must be provided with automatic smoke and heat roof vents.