VIC Part I4 Class 3 and 9a residential aged care buildings and Class 9c buildings
Introduction to this Part
VIC Part I4 — Class 3 and 9a residential aged care buildings and Class 9c buildings contains additional Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions for Sections D and F for Class 3 and Class 9a residential aged care buildings and Class 9c buildings as well as additional Performance Requirements and associated Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions.
VIC I4P1 Communication systems2019: VIC HP101.2
An electronic communication system must be provided to enable residents and staff to summon assistance in habitable rooms (other than kitchens), water closets, shower rooms and bathrooms.
VIC I4P1 only applies to Class 3 and Class 9a residential aged care buildings and Class 9c buildings.
VIC I4P2 Electrical power outlets2019: VIC HP101.3
Sufficient general purpose outlets must be provided for electrical appliances in bedrooms in locations that obviate the need for extension leads.
VIC I4P2 only applies to Class 3 and Class 9a residential aged care buildings and Class 9c buildings.
VIC I4D1 Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions2019: VIC H101.0
Performance RequirementsVIC I4P1 to VIC I4P3 and relevant Performance Requirements in Sections D and F are satisfied by complying with VIC I4D2 to VIC I4D7.
VIC I4D2 Application of Part2019: VIC H101.1
The Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions of this Part apply to Class 3 and Class 9a residential aged care buildings and Class 9c buildings.
VIC I4D3 Doorway width2019: VIC H101.2
VIC I4D4 Windows2019: VIC H101.3
VIC I4D5 Grab rails2019: VIC H101.4
Grab rails must be provided in association with every closet pan, shower or bath in accordance with AS 1428.1.
VIC I4D6 Electronic communication system2019: VIC H101.6
A communication system must—
- contain a back-up power supply; and
- have a control that enables the call to be cancelled manually at the point of origin only; and
- incorporate a device at the point of origin that indicates the system has operated; and
- incorporate an indication panel in the manager’s office or staff area that clearly indicates the point of origin of a call; and
- have an audible tone that has a continuous signal until deactivated at the point of origin; and
- be operational at all times; and
- have two call points in each ensuite or combined shower/water closet with one call point located in the shower recess and the other on the wall beside the closet pan ahead of the bowl rim; and
- have call points (other than those mentioned in (g)) which are located—
- within the reach of a resident whilst in bed; and
- in all common habitable rooms; and
- in all bathrooms, sanitary compartments and shower rooms where the call point must be of waterproof construction and within the reach of any fallen resident.
VIC I4D7 Electrical power outlets2019: VIC H101.7
General purpose outlets must be provided as follows:
- In bedrooms with one occupant — two general purpose outlets provided on a minimum of two walls.
- For each additional occupant — two general purpose outlets provided at the head of each additional bed.