Part G1 Minor structures and components
NSW G1P2 Swimming pool access and water recirculation systems2019: NSW GP1.2
- be continuous for the full extent of the hazard; and
- be of a strength and rigidity to withstand the foreseeable impact of people; and
- restrict the access of young children to the pool and the immediate pool surrounds; and
- have any gates and doors fitted with latching devices not readily operated by young children, and constructed to automatically close and latch.
NSW G1D2 Swimming pools2019: NSW G1.1
- out-of-ground pool walls and the walls of above ground pools, including inflatable pools, not being considered to be effective barriers; and
- the reference in clause 2.3.1 of AS 1926.1 to a barrier within a property including a boundary barrier.
The Swimming Pools Act 1992 and the Swimming Pools Regulation 2018, applicable to swimming pool with a depth of water of more than 300 mm, regulate the circumstances in which a barrier is required and prevail in the case of any inconsistency.