Specification 20 Smoke detection and alarm systems
NSW S20C8 System monitoring2019: NSW Spec E2.2a: 8
Delete clause S20C8 and insert NSW S20C8 as follows:
The following installations must be connected to a fire alarm monitoring system connected to a fire station or fire station dispatch centre in accordance with AS 1670.3:
- A smoke detection system in a Class 3 building provided in accordance with S20C2(b)(i) or S20C2(b)(ii).
- A smoke detection system in a Class 9a health-care building, if the building accommodates more than 20 patients.
- A smoke detection system in a Class 9c building.
- Smoke detection in accordance with S20C6 provided to activate—
- a smoke exhaust system in accordance with Specification 21; or
- smoke-and-heat vents in accordance with Specification 22.