TAS Part I11 Foundries
Introduction to this Part
This Part contains additional requirements for foundries.
TAS I11D1 Application of Part2019: TAS H113.1
TAS I11D2 General2019: TAS H113.2
- where a ceiling is provided, measured from the floor to the ceiling; or
- where a ceiling is not provided, measured from the floor to the lowest part of the roof.
TAS I11D3 Cupola charging platform2019: TAS H113.3
- of heavy timber or non-slip steel plate; and
- securely fixed in position; and
- a wall, not less than 1 m high, measured from the floor of the platform, constructed to surround the platform; and
- the side between the top of the wall and the roof suitably waterproofed an ventilated.
TAS I11D4 Deep moulds and pits2019: TAS H113.4
Deep moulds or pits, for permanent use—
- must be lined with bricks, concrete, or other suitable material in such a manner as to provide adequate reinforcement and to keep the pit or mould in a dry condition; and
- must be securely fenced by means of a wall of adequate construction, railings or chains and stanchions raised, in each case, to a height not less than 1 m above the surface of the surrounding floor.
TAS I11D5 Pot furnaces2019: TAS H113.5
Where pot furnaces are below ground level, the pit must be covered by a substantial grating at the point at which metal is removed from the furnace, and must at all other times be securely fenced as in TAS I11D4(b)