TAS Part I14 Premises for electro-plating, electro-polishing, anodising or etching
Introduction to this Part
This Part contains additional requirements for premises used for electro-plating, electro-polishing, anodising or etching.
TAS I14D1 Application of Part2019: TAS H116.1
- provide for the safety and comfort of workers; and
- be constructed in a manner that will prevent the escape of liquids and atmospheric contaminants to other areas of the building.
TAS I14D2 Floors2019: TAS H116.2
The floor of every plating area must be—
- so graded as to—
- permit easy flushing with water; and
- prevent liquids from flowing from the area into other parts or the work place; and
- chemically resistant to the solutions used in the process.
TAS I14D3 Height of plating area2019: TAS H116.3
Every part of a plating area must be not less than 2.7 m in height—
- measured from the floor to the ceiling if a ceiling is provided; or
- measured from the floor to the lowest part of the roof if a ceiling is not provided.
TAS I14D4 Air space2019: TAS H116.4
In every plating area there must be not less than 14 m3 of air space for each person employed and, in the calculation of such space, the height taken into account must not exceed 4.2 m.
TAS I14D5 Ceiling construction2019: TAS H116.5
The ceiling of a plating area must be so constructed as to prevent, so far as is practicable, atmospheric contaminants from escaping into rooms or work places, situated above the level of the ceiling.