TAS Part I7 Farm dairy premises
Introduction to this Part
This Part contains additional requirements for farm dairy premises.
TAS I7D1 Application of Part2019: TAS H107.1
TAS I7D2 Milking sheds and holding yards2019: TAS H107.2
- the walls are constructed of well-compacted smooth finish concrete or other material sealed to be impervious to moisture; and
- the floors are constructed of well-compacted smooth finish concrete and are graded to a drain; and
- joints between wall sections and walls and walls and floors are sealed to prevent entry of water and pests; and
- artificial lighting is designed to comply with AS 1680.
TAS I7D3 Milk receiving area and milk storage room2019: TAS H107.3
- have internal surfaces that are smooth, non-absorbent, free-draining and easy to clean; and
- be constructed so as to prevent the entry of dust, insects, pests, birds and animals; and
- have adequate artificial lighting that—
- is located to provide a clear view of the milk for grading and measuring purposes; and
- the lights over a bulk vat are to be protected to prevent glass entering the vat if the light is broken; and
- have switches appropriately located in milk collection areas; and
- have adequate ventilation to aid the drying of floors and walls between milkings.
- the floors are constructed of well-compacted, smooth finish concrete and graded to a drain; and
- the internal surfaces are smooth, sealed and washable; and
- joists between wall sections and walls and floors are sealed to prevent entry of water and pests; and
- artificial lighting is designed to comply with AS 1680; and
- all openings are fitted with doors, windows or screens; and
- ventilation is provided in accordance with F6D6.
TAS I7D4 Water supply2019: TAS H107.4
An adequate and suitable supply of water must be available for plant sanitation, teat washing, milk cooling and vat rinsing.