WA Part I4 Public buildings
Introduction to this Part
WA Part I4 contains Deemed-to-Satisfy Solutions for WA public buildings that are additional to those contained in Sections D, F and I.
WA I4D1 Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions2019: WA H101.0
- Part D2, Part D3 and F6D5; and
- for additional requirements for WA public buildings, WA Part I4.
WA I4D2 Application of Part2019: WA H101.1
The Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions of this Part apply to a WA public building or part of a building.
WA I4D3 Additional exits2019: WA H101.2
In a WA public buildings, each storey that accommodates more than 50 persons must have more than one exit from that storey.
WA I4D4 Goings and risers2019: WA H101.3
WA I4D5 Handrails to ramps, flights and landings2019: WA H101.4
- both sides of a ramp or flight; and
- each side of a landing, except for that part of a side that is interrupted by a ramp or flight.
- handrails referred to in D3D23; or
- handrails located within a fire-isolated stairway or fire-isolated ramp.
WA I4D6 Artificial lighting2019: WA H101.5
- provide a minimum illuminance of 1 lux at ground level; and
- be connected to circuits separate from those supplying lighting for foyers, entry porches, emergency escape passages or areas provided entry or egress to the WA public building; and
- be connected over two circuits where two or more lights are required; and
- have switches that are not able to be operated by members of the public.
WA I4D7 Fixed seating2019: WA H101.6
Where fixed seating in a Class 9b WA public building is arranged in more than one row—
- aisles must be provided on both sides of every row that contains more than 10 seats; and
- the number of seats in a row must not exceed 42.