TAS Part I10 Mortuaries
Introduction to this Part
This Part contains additional requirements for mortuaries.
- capable of being isolated from the remainder of the premises; and
- having a floor area not less than 10m2.
- of impervious material with a smooth, unbroken surface; and
- uniformly graded to a floor drain.
- With sufficient capacity for the storage of at least two adult bodies; and
- Capable of maintaining an internal temperature between 1°C and 5°C.
Each mortuary with a body preparation room must be connected to—
- a permanent water supply with a physical discontinuity, provided by a registered break tank or reduced pressure zone device, between the water supply and all equipment, appliances, fittings and areas in the mortuary; and
- a water carriage sewerage system.