TAS Part I13 Premises for production of processing of isocyanates
Introduction to this Part
This Part contains additional requirements for premises used for the production of processing of isocyanates.
TAS I13D1 Application of Part2019: TAS H115.1
- provide for the safety and comfort of workers; and
- be constructed in a manner that will avoid the spread of fire within the building and to other buildings.
TAS I13D2 Areas of work places2019: TAS H115.2
Work places in which an isocyanate industry is carried out must be divided into the following divisional areas:
- Administration and staff amenities.
- Bulk stores.
- Curing room.
- Processing plant.
- Raw materials plant.
TAS I13D3 Separation from other areas and buildings2019: TAS H115.3
- separated from each of the other divisional areas by means of an impervious wall with an FRL of not less than 120/120/120; or
- separated from all other buildings by a clear space of not less than 6 m.
TAS I13D6 Required exits2019: TAS H115.6
TAS I13D7 Bulk stores for polyols and isocyanates2019: TAS H115.7
- be constructed from non-combustible materials, have a smooth impervious concrete floor, and must protect the isocyanate containers from direct exposure to the sun; and
- if it is used for the storage of either TDI or HDI and is not an open sided building, be fitted with mechanical ventilation so that the TLV is not exceeded at any time provided that the ventilation must provide not less than 6 air changes per hour.