SA Part G9 Miscellaneous provisions
Introduction to this Part
This Part sets out miscellaneous addition requirements.
SA G9P1 Attachments to buildings2019: SA GP8.1
An attachment to a building must incorporate features that will—
- protect it against corrosion; and
- collect and discharge water run-off safely; and
- prevent its projection affecting adjacent road safety conditions or pedestrian traffic; and
- provide resistance to the spread of fire if it overhangs a street boundary,
to the degree necessary to avoid creating hazardous conditions that may cause injury to people passing below or driving past.
SA G9D1 Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions2019: SA G8.0
Performance RequirementSA G9P1 is satisfied by complying with SA G9D2 and SA G9D3.
SA G9D3 Attachments to buildings2019: SA G8.2
- have all metal parts of corrosion resistant metal, or other metal suitably protected; and
- not overhang any street boundary at a height less than 2.5 m above the footpath, or 4 m above the roadway; and
- be provided with drainage to prevent rainwater or condensate falling onto or running across the footpath, unless either it is a retractable awning in the nature of a sun blind, or unless the total catchment area for run-off is less than 1.5 m2.
- must not extend closer than 450 mm to the kerb of the roadway; and
- must be constructed of non-combustible or fire-retardant materials throughout, except that timber battens may be used to support the soffit lining.