Introduction to NCC Volume One
About NCC Volume One
NCC Volume One contains technical design and construction requirements for all Class 2 to 9 buildings (multi-residential, commercial, industrial, and public assembly buildings) and their associated structures.
NCC Volume One contains the requirements for—
- all Class 2 to 9 buildings; and
- access requirements for people with a disability in Class 1b and 10a buildings; and
- certain Class 10b structures including access requirements for people with a disability in Class 10b swimming pools.
Components of NCC Volume One
NCC Volume One contains the following Sections:
- Section A – Governing Requirements
- Section B – Structure
- Section C – Fire resistance
- Section D – Access and egress
- Section E – Services and equipment
- Section F – Health and amenity
- Section G – Ancillary provisions
- Section I – Special use buildings
- Section J – Energy efficiency
- Abbreviations and symbols
- Referenced documents
- State and Territory variations and additions
Section A contains the mandatory Governing Requirements for the NCC. Sections B to G and I to J contain the mandatory Performance Requirements and the pathways that can be used to comply with the NCC.
There is no Section H in NCC Volume One because the letter ‘H’ is used in NCC Volume Two. This avoids number clashes between NCC Volume One and NCC Volume Two.