Part F4 Sanitary and other facilities
TAS F4D13 Non-flushed urinals2019: TAS F2.101
Insert TAS clause F4D13 in clause F4D13 as follows:
Non-flushed urinals not connected to a sewerage system must comply with TAS F4D14.
TAS F4D14 Installation of closet fixtures2019: TAS F2.102
Insert TAS clause F4D14 in clause F4D14 as follows:
- A pit latrine, an incinerating toilet, a chemical toilet, a removable pan or a non-flushing urinal must not be within 2 m of a building containing habitable rooms.
- The floor on which a removable pan is placed must be impervious.
- A room containing a composting toilet must be separated from habitable rooms by way of a permanently ventilated air lock (which may be a circulation space).
- The minimum ventilation required under (c) shall be the greater of—
- 8000 mm2; or
- 1/500th of the floor area of the circulation space.
- Access for maintenance or removal of waste from a composting toilet must be by way of an access door which opens directly to the outside of the building.