Part E1 Fire fighting equipment
VIC E1D7 Where sprinklers are required: Class 3 building2019: VIC Table E1.5
Delete clause E1D7 and insert VIC E1D7 as follows:
Sprinklers are required throughout—
- a Class 3 building used as a residential care building; and
- any fire compartment containing a Class 3 part used for residential care; and
- any shared accommodation building.
VIC E1D13 Where sprinklers are required: occupancies of excessive hazard2019: Table E1.5 (Note 4)
Delete subclause E1D13(2) and insert VIC E1D13(2) as follows:
- hazardous process risks including the following:
- Aircraft hangars.
- Electrical/electronic manufacturing and assembly (predominantly plastic components).
- Fire-lighter manufacturing.
- Fireworks manufacturing.
- Flammable liquid spraying.
- Foam plastic goods manufacturing and/or processing.
- Foam rubber goods manufacturing and/or processing.
- Hydrocarbon based sheet product manufacturing and/or processing.
- Nitrocellulose and nitrocellulose goods manufacturing.
- Paint and varnish works, solvent based.
- Plastic goods manufacturing and/or processing works.
- Resin and turpentine manufacturing.
- Vehicle repair shops.
- combustible goods with an aggregate volume exceeding 2000 m3 and stored to a height greater than 4 m such as the following:
- Aerosol packs with flammable contents.
- Cartons and associated packing material excluding cartons with densely packed non-combustible content.
- Electrical appliances where the components are predominantly plastic.
- Foamed rubber or plastics including wrappings or preformed containers.
- Paper products.
- Plastic, rubber, vinyl and other sheets in the form of offcuts, random pieces or rolls.
- Textiles raw and finished.
- Timber products.