Part G1 Minor structures and components
SA G1P2 Swimming pool access and water recirculation systems2019: SA GP1.2
- be continuous for the full extent of the hazard; and
- be of a strength and rigidity to withstand the foreseeable impact of people; and
- restrict the access of young children to the pool and the immediate pool surrounds; and
- have any gates and doors fitted with latching devices not readily operated by young children, and constructed to automatically close and latch.
SA G1P2 only applies to a swimming pool associated with a Class 2 or 3 building or Class 4 part of a building, with a depth of water more than 300 mm.
SA G1D2 Swimming pools2019: SA G1.1
- be attached to the safety barrier of the swimming pool, or displayed near the swimming pool; and
- be at least 300 mm by 300 mm in size; and
- be made of durable and weatherproof material; and
- show information about the procedures for providing first aid, including performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.