Part J5 Building sealing
NSW J5D1 Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions2019: J3.0
Delete subclause J5D1(1) and insert NSW J5D1(1) as follows:
- NSW J2D2; and
NSW J5D2 Application of Part2019: J3.1, NSW J(A)2.1
Delete clause J5D2 and insert NSW J5D2 as follows:
- a building in climate zones 1, 2, 3 and 5 where the only means of air-conditioning is by using an evaporative cooler; or
- a permanent building opening, in a space where a gas appliance is located, that is necessary for the safe operation of a gas appliance; or
- in a Class 3 or Class 5 to 9 building, a building or space where the mechanical ventilation required by Part F6 provides sufficient pressurisation to prevent infiltration; or
- parts of buildings that cannot be fully enclosed.
NSW J5D5 Windows and doors2019: J3.4
Delete clause J5D5 and insert NSW J5D5 as follows:
- a window complying with AS 2047; or
- a fire door or smoke door; or
- a roller shutter door, roller shutter grille or other security door or device installed only for out-of-hours security.
- for the bottom edge of a door, must be a draft protection device; and
- for the other edges of a door or the edges of an openable window or other such opening, may be a foam or rubber compression strip, fibrous seal or the like.
- where the conditioned space has a floor area of not more than 50 m2; or
- where a café, restaurant, open front shop or the like has—
NSW J5D5(5) does not apply to a Class 2 building or a Class 4 part of a building.