Part E1 Fire fighting equipment
TAS E1P7 Automatic fire detection system2019: TAS EP1.7
Insert TAS clause E1P7 in clause E1P7 as follows:
An automatic fire detection system must be installed to the degree necessary to alert the fire brigade of fire so that fire fighting operations may be undertaken at the earliest possible time to limit property and environmental damage appropriate to—
- the building functions and use; and
- the fire hazard; and
- the height of the building; and
- the building floor area.
Tas E1P7 only applies to—
- a Class 5 building or Class 6 building having an aggregate floor area of more than 1000 m2; and
- a Class 7 building having a floor area of more than 1000 m2 in which furniture is stored; and
- a Class 8 building which is a special fire hazard building and in which more than 25 persons are employed; and
- a Class 9b building which is a school or early childhood centre or a creche which—
- is of more than 1 storey; or
- has a storey with a floor area more than 500 m2; and
- a Class 9b building which is a theatre.
TAS E1D1 Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions2019: TAS E1.0
Delete clause E1D1 and insert TAS E1D1 as follows:
Performance RequirementsE1P1 to E1P6 and TAS E1P7 are satisfied by complying with E1D2 to E1D16, TAS E1D17, and for farm buildings and farm sheds, Part I3.