Part 10.2 Wet area waterproofing
SA 10.2.1 Wet areas2019: SA 188.8.131.52
Building elements in wet areas within a building must—
- be waterproof or water resistant in accordance with 10.2.2 to 10.2.6, except that—
- in any room containing a washing machine, the wall area from finished floor level to a minimum of 75 mm above and 75 mm each side of the washing machine tap outlets must be water resistant; and
- where a vessel is inset into a bench top in a kitchen, bar area, kitchenette or domestic food and beverage preparation area—
- wall junctions and joints within 150 mm above the vessel must be water resistant for the extent of the vessel; and
- the perimeter edges of the vessel must be water resistant for the extent of the vessel (see SA Figures 10.2.1a, 10.2.1b and 10.2.1c); and
- penetrations in horizontal surfaces for tap and spout outlets in kitchens, bar areas, kitchenettes or domestic food and beverage preparation areas, must be waterproof; and
- comply with AS 3740; and
- have floor wastes provided in accordance with SA 10.2.33; and
- where floor wastes are provided for drainage of floors in bathrooms and laundries, the floors, floor/wall junction and penetration must be waterproof.
SA 10.2.33 Provision of floor wastes2019: SA 3.2.2
- all vessels are provided with in-built overflow protection or have a permanent open trapped connection to the plumbing and drainage system (such as a WC pan); or
- the floor waste is provided solely for the connection of plumbing fixtures and all vessels in the wet area are provided with in-built overflow protection or have permanent open trapped connection to the plumbing and drainage system (such as a WC pan).