Part 3.4 Termite risk management
NT 3.4.1 Requirements for termite management systems2019: 188.8.131.52
- Steel, aluminium or other metals.
- Fibre-reinforced cement.
- Timber — naturally termite resistant in accordance with Appendix C of AS 3660.1 in areas where Mastotermes darwiniensis are not prevalent.
- Timber — preservative treated in accordance with Appendix D of AS 3660.1.
NT 3.4.2 Termite management systems2019: NT 184.108.40.206(d) and (e)
Where a termite management system is required it must—
- be selected appropriate to Table 3.4.2; and
- comply with—
- AS 3660.1; or
- have been tested and passed the tests required by Section 5 of AS 3660.3; and
- have a durable notice installed in accordance with 3.4.3; and
- include additional termite risk management measures in areas where Mastotermes darwiniensis are prevalent; and
- where a chemical termite management system is used—
- the chemical must be included on the appropriate authority’s pesticides register; and
- when used as an external perimeter termite management system for Mastotermes darwiniensis, it is—
- installed by excavating trenches, treating the exposed trench and backfilling the trench with treated material; and
- covered by a concrete strip not less than 50 mm thick and 300 mm wide measured from the external wall of the building.
3.4.2(b)(i) provides the option of having a chemical termite management system tested to AS 3660.3. In order for the test results to remain valid, the system would then have to be installed as tested.