Part 13.4 Building sealing
NSW 13.4.1 Application of Part 13.42019: NSW 3.12.3
Delete clause 13.4.1 and insert NSW 13.4.1 as follows:
- a Class 1 building; and
- a Class 10a building with a conditioned space.
- Existing buildings being relocated.
- Parts of buildings that cannot be fully enclosed.
- A building in climate zones 2 and 5 where the only means of air-conditioning is by using an evaporative cooler.
- A permanent building ventilation opening that is necessary for the safe operation of a gas appliance.
- The term “cannot be fully enclosed” means parts of buildings with permanent openings such as balconies, shade rooms, rooms with fixed louvres, mesh or other material that allows air flow. Adjustable louvres are considered to provide full enclosure to the opening they accommodate. Such rooms are unlikely to be conditioned given the high air flow rates; therefore application of the Performance Requirement to these parts of buildings would not result in reduction in energy use.
- Appropriate ventilation for gas appliances can be obtained from relevant legislation, referenced standards and product installation manuals.