NSW Part 9.4 Fire protection of garage top dwellings
NSW 9.4.1 Fire separation2019: NSW 1.1.1
NSW 9.4.2 Construction of floors2019: NSW 1.1.2
- have an FRL of not less than 30/30/30 when tested from the underside; or
- have a fire-protective covering on the underside of the floor, including beams incorporated in it; or
- be a floor/ceiling system incorporating a ceiling which has a resistance to the incipient spread of fire to the space above itself of not less than 60 minutes.
NSW 9.4.3 Construction of walls2019: NSW 1.1.3
- have an FRL of not less than 30/30/30 when tested from the non-associated private garage side; or
- be of masonry construction not less than 90 mm thick.
- commence at the footings or ground slab; and
- extend to the underside of a floor complying with NSW 9.4.2.