Part 3.2 Earthworks
Un-retained bulk earthworks – site cut and fill
2019: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- within the allotment; and
- not within the zone of influence of any existing structure on the property, or the allotment boundary as defined in Table 3.2.1 and Figure 3.2.1a; and
- not deeper than 2 m from the natural ground level at any point.
- be placed within the allotment; and
- be placed at a gradient which complies with Table 3.2.1 and Figure 3.2.1b; and
- be placed and mechanically compacted in layers not more than 150 mm; and
- be not more than 2 m in height from the natural ground level at any point; and
- where used to support footings or slabs, be placed and compacted in accordance with Part 4.2; and
- have surface water diverted away from any existing structure on the property or adjoining allotment in accordance with 3.3.3.
|Soil class (see 4.2.2 for material description)||Site cut (excavation) (maximum embankment slope ratio, angle of site cut H:L Note 1)||Compacted fill (maximum embankment slope ratio, angle of batter H:L Note 1)|
|Stable rock (Class A)||8:1||3:3|
|Sand (Class A)||1:2||1:2|
|Firm clay (Class M-E)||1:1||1:2|
|Soft clay (Class M-E)||2:3||Not suitable|
- See Figures 3.2.1a and 3.2.1b for some examples of un-retained embankment slopes.
- Retaining walls must be installed in accordance with H1D3(2) where—
- the embankment slope is steeper than described in this Table; or
- the soil type is not described in this Table.