Schedule 3 Definitions
Vic Schedule 3 Definitions
Add the definition of children’s service as follows:
Substitute the definition of early childhood centre as follows:
- any premises, or part thereof, providing or intending to provide a centre-based education and care service within the meaning of the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations, excluding a service where education and care is primarily provided to school aged children; and
- a children’s service.
Substitute the definition of flood hazard area as follows:
Substitute the definition of freeboard as follows:
Add the definition of hotel offering shared accommodation as follows:
Add the definition of residential care building (Vic) as follows:
- a hospital; or
- a dwelling in which 2 or more members of the same family and not more than 2 other persons would ordinarily be resident; or
- a place of residence where only one resident needs physical assistance in conducting their daily activities and to evacuate the building during an emergency.
Add the definition of restricted children’s service as follows:
- a limited hours Type 1 service; or
- a limited hours Type 2 service; or
- a short term Type 1 service; or
- a short term Type 2 service,
as defined in the Children’s Services Regulations 2009; or
- an associated children's service within the meaning of the Children's Services Act 1996 approved to be operated by an approved provider at the same place as an approved education and care service that is required to meet the conditions of a limited hours Type 1 service, a limited hours Type 2 service, a short term Type 1 service, or a short term Type 2 service.
Add the definition of shared accommodation building as follows:
- more than one sole-occupancy unit of which any sole-occupancy unit has sleeping facilities capable of accommodating 3 or more unrelated persons; or
- sleeping facilities capable of accommodating 13 or more unrelated persons,
that is a boarding-house, chalet, guest house, lodging-house, backpacker accommodation or the like, or a residential part of a hotel offering shared accommodation but does not include a residential care building (Vic), a motel or a residential part of a school, health-care building or detention centre.