Schedule 3 Definitions
Insert definition for aisle as follows:
Vary definition of appropriate authority as follows:
Insert definition of assembly building as follows:Assembly buildingmeans a building where people may assemble for—
- civic, theatrical, social, political or religious purposes including a library, theatre, public hall or place of worship; or
- educational purposes in a school, early childhood centre , preschool, or the like; or
- entertainment, recreational or sporting purposes including—
- a cinema; or
- a sports stadium, sporting or other club; or
- transit purposes including a bus station, railway station, airport or ferry terminal.
Insert definition for auditorium as follows:
Vary definition for designated bushfire prone area as follows:
- has been designated under legislation; or
- has been identified under an environmental planning instrument, development control plan or in the course of processing and determining a development application,
as land that can support a bushfire or is likely to be subject to bushfire attack.
Insert definition for entertainment venue as follows:
Insert definition of film as follows:
Insert definition of flying scenery as follows:
Insert definition of grid as follows:
Insert definition of minimum lateral clearance as follows:
Insert definition of Planning for Bush Fire Protection as follows:
Insert definition of projection suite as follows:
Insert definition of row as follows:
Insert definition for spa pool as follows:
Insert definition of special fire protection purpose as follows:
- a school,
- a child care centre,
- a hospital (including a hospital for the mentally ill or mentally disordered),
- a hotel, motel or other tourist accommodation,
- a building wholly or principally used as a home or other establishment for mentally incapacitated persons,
- seniors housing within the meaning of State Environmental Planning Policy (Housing for Seniors or People with a Disability) 2004,
- a group home within the meaning of State Environmental Planning Policy No 9 - Group Homes (now SEPP (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009),
- a retirement village,
- any other purpose prescribed by the regulations (Rural Fires Regulation 2013).
Note: For application of this definition in the BCA, the term “school” does not include a college, university or similar tertiary educational establishment.
Insert definition of temporary structure as follows:
- a booth, tent or other temporary enclosure, whether or not a part of the booth, tent or enclosure is permanent; or
- a mobile structure.