Section E Services and equipment
Part E1 Fire fighting equipment
An automatic fire detection system must be installed to the degree necessary to alert the fire brigade of fire so that fire fighting operations may be undertaken at the earliest possible time appropriate to—
the building functions and use; and
the fire hazard; and
the height of the building; and
the building floor area.
Tas EP1.7 only applies to:
- a Class 5 building or Class 6 building having an aggregate floor area of more than 1000 m2; and
- a Class 7 building having a floor area of more than 1000 m2 in which furniture is stored; and
- a Class 8 building which is a special fire hazard building and in which more than 25 persons are employed; and
- a Class 9b building which is a school or early childhood centre or a creche which-
- a Class 9b building which is a theatre.