TAS Part E3 Stormwater - Roof drainage systems
Introduction to this Part
This Part sets out the requirements for a roof drainage system.
TAS E3O1 Objective2019: F01
The objective of this part is to—
- safeguard people from illness, injury or loss (including loss of amenity) due to the failure of a roof drainage installation; and
- ensure that a roof drainage installation is adequate; and
- conserve water and energy; and
- safeguard the environment; and
- safeguard public and private infrastructure; and
- ensure that a roof drainage installation is designed and is capable of being maintained so that throughout its serviceable life it will continue to satisfy Objectives (a) to (e).
TAS E3F1 Functional statements2019: FF01
Buildings are to be provided with roof drainage to provide protection to people, property and the environment from adverse effects of stormwater.
TAS E3P1 Roof drainage systems2019: FP1.1
TAS E3P2 Overflow2019: FP1.2
A roof drainage system must provide an overflow device suitable for a 1% annual exceedance probability rainfall event.
TAS E3P4 Design, construction and installation2019: FP1.4
TAS E3D1 Application2019: F1.1
Performance Requirements E3P1 to E3P4 are satisfied by complying with E3D2 and E3D3.
TAS E3D2 General requirements2019: F1.2
A roof drainage system must comply with—
- AS/NZS 3500.3; or
- Housing Provisions 7.4
TAS E3D3 Roofing of liquid trade waste generation areas2019: H201.2
TAS Figure E3D3 provides an example of a suitable installation practice to meet the requirements of E3D3(3).