Part C2 Sanitary drainage systems
SA C2D4 General requirementsNew for 2020
Delete clause C2D4 and insert SA C2D4 as follows:
A sanitary drainage system must be in accordance with AS/NZS 3500.2 with the following variations:
- After AS/NZS 3500.2 clause 4.7.1(h), insert clause 4.7.1(i) as follows: Inspection openings indicated in 4.7.1(b), (d) (e) and (f) shall be raised to finished surface level. All other inspection openings need not be raised provided they are not below paved, concreted or similar finished surfaces.
- Substitute AS/NZS 3500.2 clause 2.3(a) as follows: Bends in pipes shall have a throat radius complying with Table 5.6 and Figure B6 of AS/NZS 1260 (2017) and shall be free from wrinkling and flattening.
- After AS/NZS 3500.2 clause 12.7(g), insert clause 12.7(h) as follows: Buried pumped discharge pipes and rising mains shall be placed in close-fitting durable sleeving or continually spirally wrapped. The sleeving or spiral wrapping shall be identified for the full length with the following statement: "sewer rising main" or "pumped discharge pipe" in accordance with AS 1345.
- After AS/NZS 3500.2 clause 12.7(h), insert clause 12.7(i) as follows: Above ground pumped discharge pipes and rising mains shall be permanently identified with the following statement: "sewer rising main" or "pumped discharge pipe" in accordance with AS 1345. The statement shall be installed in a visible position running longitudinally, at no more than 3 metre intervals.
- After AS/NZS 3500.2 clause 13.27.2, insert clause 13.28 as follows: All trade waste pre-treatment equipment shall connect to the sewerage system via a disconnector gully.