Part C3 On-site wastewater management
TAS C3P5 General requirementsNew for 2022
On-site wastewater management systems that facilitate on-site storage, treatment, disposal or re-use of wastewater must be designed and constructed—
- with required treatment and storage capacity for the volume and make up of waste and frequency of discharge for disposal; and
- with required size, strength and rigidity for the nature, flow rates, volume of wastes and/or waste products which must be processed; and
- using materials which are impervious both to the waste for which disposal is required and to water; and
- to avoid the likelihood of surface water and stormwater entering the system; and
- so that access or inspection openings provided for desludging and maintenance terminate at or above finished surface level.
- so that the installation throughout its serviceable life will continue to satisfy the requirements of C3P1 to C3P9.
For alternative venting arrangements, see clause C2D6 in sanitary drainage.
TAS C3D6 Land application systems2019: HP1.4
- Protection against internal contamination.
- Access for maintenance and cleaning.
- Ventilation to avoid foul air and gasses accumulation in the system.