VIC Part E4 Stormwater - Surface and sub-surface drainage systems
Introduction to this Part
This Part sets out the requirements for the design, construction, installation, replacement, repair, alteration and maintenance of any part of a surface drainage system to the point of connection.
VIC E4O1 Objective2019: FO2
The Objective of this Part is to—
- safeguard people from illness, injury or loss (including loss of amenity) due to the failure of a drainage installation;
- ensure that a stormwater drainage installation is adequate; and
- conserve water and energy; and
- safeguard the environment; and
- safeguard public and private infrastructure; and
- ensure that a stormwater drainage installation is designed and is capable of being maintained so that throughout its serviceable life it will continue to satisfy Objectives (a) to (e).
VIC E4F1 Functional statement2019: FF2.1
Buildings and their surroundings are to be provided with a surface drainage and subsurface drainage installation and be constructed in such a manner as to provide protection for people, property and the environment from the adverse effects of stormwater.
VIC E4P1 Surface drainage systems2019: FP2.1
VIC E4P2 Design, construction and installation2019: FP2.2
- Blockage and uncontrolled discharge.
- Damage from root penetration, superimposed loads or ground movement.
- Entry of sewage and/or liquid trade waste.
- Entry of stormwater into a sanitary drainage.
- Damage to the Network Utility Operator's drainage system
- Foul air and gases accumulating in the stormwater system.
- Loss to buildings or property.
- Access for maintenance and clearing blockages.
- Stormwater is transferred to a point of connection.
VIC E4D1 Application2019: F2D1
Performance Requirements E4P1 to E4P2 are satisfied by complying with E4D2.
VIC E4D2 General requirements2019: F2D2
The design, construction, installation, replacement, repair, alteration and maintenance of surface and subsurface drainage systems must be in accordance with AS/NZS 3500.3.