TAS Part E2 Heating, cooling and ventilation systems
Introduction to this Part
This Part sets out the requirements for mechanical heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
TAS E2O1 Objective2019: GO1
The Objective of this Part is to—
- safeguard people from illness, injury or loss (including loss of amenity) due to the failure of a heating, ventilation or air-conditioning installation; and
- ensure that a heating, ventilation or air-conditioning installation is suitable; and
- conserve water and energy; and
- safeguard the environment; and
- safeguard public and private infrastructure; and
- ensure that a heating, ventilation or air-conditioning installation is designed and is capable of being maintained so that throughout its serviceable life it will continue to satisfy Objectives (a) to (e).
TAS E2F1 Functional statement 12019: GF1.1
Mechanical services, plant and equipment used for heating, cooling and/or ventilation of a building must be adequate for their intended purpose.
TAS E2F2 Functional statement 22019: GF2.2
A heating, cooling and/or ventilation system must support energy efficient outcomes and minimise any impact on building occupants of adjoining spaces, the Network Utility Operator's infrastructure, property and environment.
TAS E2P1 Design, construction, installation and maintenance2019: GP1.1
- Efficient use of energy and water.
- Access for maintenance.
TAS E2P2 Pressure equipment2019: GP1.2
Pressure equipment used in mechanical heating, cooling and ventilation systems must avoid the likelihood of explosion, rupture or leakage.
TAS E2P3 Microbial control2019: GP1.3
Mechanical air-handling and cooling water systems installed in a building must control the accumulation of microbial growth.
TAS E2D1 Application2019: G1.1
Performance Requirement E2P1 to E2P3 are satisfied by complying with E2D2.
TAS E2D2 General requirements2019: G1.2
- NCC Volume One for Class 2 to 9 Buildings; or
- NCC Volume Two for Class 1 and 10 Buildings.
- AS/NZS 1200,
- AS 1324.1 for the application, performance and construction for air filters for use in general ventilation and air-conditioning,
- AS 1345 for the identification of the contents of pipes, conduits and ducts,
- AS/NZS 1668.1 for the use of mechanical ventilation and air-conditioning in buildings for fire and smoke control in multi-compartment buildings,
- AS 1668.2 for the use of mechanical ventilation and air-conditioning in buildings for mechanical ventilation,
- AS/NZS 3500.1 for the design, installation, alteration, addition, repair and commissioning of cold water services,
- AS/NZS 3500.2 for the design, installation, alteration, addition and repair of sanitary plumbing and drainage,
- AS/NZS 3500.4 for the design, installation, commissioning, alteration, addition and repair of heated water services,
- AS 4254.1 for flexible ductwork for air-handling systems in buildings,
- AS 4254.2 for the rigid ductwork for air-handling systems in buildings,
- AS 4426 for the selection, installation and finish of thermal insulation of pipework, ductwork and equipment.
- AS 4508 for the thermal resistance of insulation for ductwork used in building air-conditioning, and
- AS 5601 for gas installations.