VIC Part C4 Low risk on-site liquid trade waste systems
Introduction to this Part
2019: Vic Part H1
This Part sets out the requirements for the design, construction, installation, replacement, repair,
alteration and maintenance of any part of a low risk on-site liquid trade waste system.
VIC C4O1 Objective2019: HO1
The Objective of this part is to—
- safeguard people from illness, injury or loss (including loss of amenity) due to the failure of a low risk on-site liquid trade waste installation; and
- ensure that a low risk on-site liquid trade waste installation (including an installation provided for use by people with a disability) is suitable; and
- conserve water and energy; and
- safeguard the environment; and
- safeguard public and private infrastructure; and
- ensure that a low risk on-site liquid trade waste installation is designed and is capable of being maintained so that throughout its serviceable life it will continue to satisfy Objectives (a) to (e).
VIC C4F1 Functional statement 2019: HF1.1 and HF1.2
VIC C4P1 Requirements for low risk on-site liquid trade waste management practices2019: HP1.1
- be located as close as practicable to the fixtures that it serves and if of the portable type must be installed above ground; and
- be fitted with a cover which is able to withstand vehicular or pedestrian traffic or other loads likely to be imposed on it and is readily removable by one person; and
- be constructed of materials suitable for the nature of the wastes likely to be discharged through the appliance.
- if fitted with an airtight cover, be provided with a DN 32, DN 50 or DN 80 sized vent as nominated by the relevant Network Utility Operator; and
- be provided with the following outlet ventilation—
- if installed outside a building, a DN 100 sized riser off a disconnector gully in accordance with clause 4.6.2 of AS/NZS 3500.2;
- if not of the portable type and installed inside a building, a DN 50 sized vent off a disconnector gully in accordance with clause 4.6.5 of AS/NZS 3500.2; and
- if of the portable type installed inside a building, a DN 50 sized vent off a DN 80 sized trap riser in accordance with clause 4.6.5 of AS/NZS 3500.2.
- if of the portable type receiving a hydraulic loading of up to 5 fixture units, be a minimum size of DN 50; or
- if of the portable type receiving a hydraulic loading of more than 5 fixture units, be a minimum size of DN 80; or
- in cases other than that in (a) or (b), be a minimum size of DN 100; and
- have a separate trap, of the same size as the outlet pipe, installed at its outlet.
The relevant Authority under the Water Act 1989 or the holder of a licence under the Water Industry Act 1994 may specify conditions of connection to a sewer for low risk trade waste to enter that sewer and may also require that the waste passes through a low risk liquid trade waste appliance of a type nominated by the Authority or holder of a licence before it enters the sewer.