Tasmania 3.8 additions
Health and amenity
Tas 2 Swimming pool water recirculation and filtration
Tas 2 does not apply to a swimming pool associated with a Class 1 building if the depth of water is less than 300 mm and the volume of the pool does not exceed 15 m3.
Tas 2.1 Performance provisions
Swimming pools must be provided with an adequate water recirculation, disinfection and filtration system which is suitable and safe to use.
Tas 2.2 Acceptable construction practice
Compliance with the provisions of Tas 2.2 for a swimming pool associated with a Class 1 building with a depth of water more than 300 mm and volume exceeding 15 m3 satisfies Performance Requirement Tas 2.1.
Water recirculation and filtration system
A water recirculation, disinfection and filtration system in a swimming pool must provide for—
- the inlet and outlet openings for the purpose of water recirculation to be so located that water movement is continuous from inlet to outlet; and
- * * * * *
- the recirculation of water to be so designed that the pool contents are recirculated not less than once—
- in 6 hours for an outdoor swimming pool; or
- in 4 hours for an indoor swimming pool; and
- the water filtration rates to not exceed 12250L/m2 of sand filter bed per hour, or an equivalent rate in other filter media.